Want one of these BAD BIRDS?
Then take on the Apps for Good – Mandela Day Challenge with mLab Southern Africa and we could send you one of these awesome Angry Birds if we think your idea is the best of the bunch.
“Mandela Day is a call to action for individuals – for people everywhere – to take responsibility for changing the world into a better place, one small step at a time, just as Mr Mandela did by devoting 67 years of his life fighting for the rights of humanity. All we are asking is that everyone gives 67 minutes of their time, whether it’s supporting your chosen charity or serving your local community.”
So here is our challenge to you: As mobile developers and entrepreneurs we are asking you to spend 67 minutes of your day as an individual or as a team to tackle a problem in your community through developing a concept for a mobile application that can solve it. You can do this in your free time or you can as a development house or startup allocate the time as a break out session for your team. Now how easy is that?
Apply your skills and passion for mobile to an “App for Good” for just 67 minutes and you might just be making the world a better place through mobile technology. Crazy, but TRUE!
We have no data to collaborate this but it might also be the world shortest-virtual-hackathon ever!…but it might also just change the World :)
So what’s in it for you?
- Super Awesome Feel-Good vibes! (Priceless)
- A chance to walk away with 1 of these cool Angry Birds (The ultimate Geek trophy)
- If mLab and our partners believe your idea might just be the next big app and can be practically applied in South Africa we will find a way to help you make it a reality!
- Your idea remains yours and neither mLab nor its partners claim ownership.
- By participating you acknowledge that your idea will be shared publically should you win or if, with prior consent, mLab would like to feature your idea in the follow up to this challenge.
- The winners of the Angry Birds will be announced on the mLab site and the decision is final.
Mandela Day is on 18 July, but we are giving you an opportunity to take 67 minutes (or more) on any day from the 18th to the 23rd to submit your idea.
Enter by sending us no more than 2 pages describing the problem and the mobile solution. If you are participating as a team please share some photos of your 67 minutes working on this.
Now go brainstorm that world changing app!
If you would like to do more then visit the official Mandela Day site and join one of the registered activities
The mLab Team
PS. Happy Birthday Madiba!