Organised and Managed in Partnership with mLab Southern Africa and Geekulcha Electronics
Innovation Live 2015, the definitive innovation conference for private and public sector organisations in South Africa offering the latest innovation capability essentials and solutions, will also bring you a Hackathon that is managed and organised in partnership with mLab Southern Africa and Geekulcha Electronics. This hack will be focused on electronics and some of the features, such as the Intel Galileo Board and Raspberry Pi’s, to name just a few, which will be used at the helm of the various challenges presented to the participants.
This intense 48-hour Hackathon will happen at the 2-day conference and the various applications will be associated with social awareness and real-life solutions to electronic challenges that most ICT and IT organisations face.
A little perspective to what the main features will include is as follows:
- Intel Galileo Board: This is a microcontroller board based on an Intel application processor that was designed to be hardware and software pin compatible with Arduino Shields.
- Raspberry Pi’s: These are low-cost, credit card-sized computers that plug into computer monitors/ TV’s. They use a standard key board and mouse. A Raspberry Pi is a device that enables people to explore computing, and learn how to program in various languages like Scratch and Python. The Raspberry Pi is capable of doing everything you would expect a desktop computer to do, from browsing the internet and playing high-definition video, to making spreadsheets, word processing, and playing games. The Raspberry Pi also has the ability to interact with the outside world, and has been used in a wide array of digital maker projects.
If Raspberry Pi’s and Intel Galileo Boards spark some sort of interest, and you are keen to see how these features will be used to solve various social electronics challenges then Innovation Live 2015 is the conference for you!
The Innolive conference is designed with a multi-streamed programme to provide value to all decision makers involved in their organisation’s innovation agenda including:
CEO’s | CFO’s | Heads of Strategy & Innovation | CIO’s | Human Capital & Talent Management Professionals | R & D Engineers | Corporate Entrepreneurs | Organisational Design Professionals | Product Development & Customer Service Delivery Managers and Process Managers & Executives in both the Private and Public Sectors.
When: 19 & 20 February 2015
Where: The Innovation Hub Pretoria
- Individuals (1- 4 delegates) R 6 995.00 per person plus vat = R 7 974.30
- Teams ( 5 – 9 delegates) R 6 495.00 per person plus vat = R 7 404.30
- Corporates (10 or more delegates) R 5 995.00 per person plus vat = R 6 834.30
VIP CODE HACK 2015 – 1
These are just a few of the topics to be covered. For a detailed agenda visit www.innolive.co.za or give us a call.
- Leadership and culture priorities
- Innovation success stories and case studies
- Commercialisation and globalisation and the need for speed
- Unravelling the Intellectual Property essentials
- Appropriate compensation and recognition systems
- Relevant IT platforms to manage, collaborate and measure innovation
- Line management responsibilities & accountabilities
- Customer centric product development & service delivery
- Budgeting and finance essentials
- Employee engagement and creating sustainability
- Recruitment and development requirements
We look forward to welcoming you to Innolive on the 19th & 20th February 2015.